Under the direction of our Music Director Mark V. Deal, listen to the sounds of the National Concert Band playing songs (according to our Survey) that were popular when you were a kid! Our program:
- William Tell Overture: G. Rossini/Arranged by M. L Lake (just the “Lone Ranger” part!)
- Mickey Mouse March: Jimmie Dodd/Arranged by Ted Parson
- Selections from “Mary Poppins”: Richard M. & Robert B. Sherman/Arranged by Ted Ricketts
- Cartoon Express: Arranged by Les Taylor
- Ever Green “70s: Gibb Brothers Music
- A Symphony of Sit-Coms: Arranged by Paul Jennings
- Eighties Flashback: Arranged by Paul Murtha
- The 20th Century Fox Fanfare: Alfred Newman/Arranged by Toshio Mashima
- Star Wars Saga: John Williams/Arranged by Stephen Bulla
- The Stars and Stripes Forever March: John Philip Sousa
In every National Concert Band of America performance we close our program with a Salute to all Military Veterans, past, present and future with Bob Lowden’s arrangement of “Armed Forces Salute” followed by our “signature” song – “This Is My Country!”
Our concert is Sunday, June 4th, 2017 at 7 PM at Fort Hunt Park, 8999 Fort Hunt Road, Alexandria, VA 22308, Virginia.
The National Concert Band of America has immediate vacancies for well-qualified musicians on the following instruments:
Bb Clarinet (all parts) Oboe/English Horn
Bass Clarinet Trumpet/Cornet
French Horn Trombone
Some instruments have vacancies for Principal players.
Rehearsals are Monday evenings in the Northern Virginia area. The NCBA performs 5 subscription season concerts plus 3-5 summer “Pops” style concerts between Memorial Day and mid-July.
Interested musicians should reach out to us at: nastionalconcertband@gmail for more information.