A talented, 50-member ensemble based in the Washington, DC area seeks the services on an experienced Conductor and Musical Director who can lead this volunteer group in rehearsing and performing music befitting the modern Concert Band. The National Concert Band of America (NCBA) rehearses on Monday evenings in Northern Virginia and currently performs most of its concerts on Sundays in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. Duties of the Musical Director will include but not be limited to:
- Leading rehearsals with NCBA musicians during the two-hour Monday evening rehearsals
- Conducting all concerts/performances, typically Sunday afternoons
- Selecting music for all performances from NCBA’s extensive library and working with the band’s librarian to manage the NCBA’s music reserves
- Providing input on the group’s musical needs as well as other affairs during Board of Directors’ meetings
- Aid in recruiting talented new members to the band and the Board of Directors by creating a positive environment during rehearsals and concerts
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection of an Associate Conductor as required
The Board of Directors requires a minimum two-year commitment for these services beginning with the 2016-2017 Concert Season. A small stipend is provided in exchange for services rendered.
Interested parties should submit an application packet consisting of a resume, letter of interest, and a brief video. The video should be no more than 10 minutes in length and may be in the form of a DVD, a video file, or a link to a publicly posted video sample.
Complete application packets are due by April 30, 2016. Please submit application packets to:
Mr. Robert S. Ross, Jr.
President, National Concert Band of America
1561 Scandia Circle, Reston, VA 20190
Materials may be submitted via email at: email@example.com