Sunday, May 6th, 2018, 3:00 PM
Under the direction of our Music Director Mark V. Deal, come listen to the sounds of the National Concert Band of America performing a program of music saluting “America The Beautiful.” Selections include:
- “American Salute” by Morton Gould
- “Americans We” by Henry Fillmore
- “Suite of Old American Dances” by Robert Russell Bennett
- “Amazing Grace” by Frank Ticheli
- “American Folk Rhapsody No.2” by Clare Grundman
- “Selections from ‘Ragtime'” by Stephen Flaherty; arranged by Robert Smith
- “American Barndance” by Richard Saucedo
- “America The Beautiful” arranged by Carmon Dragon
At the conclusion of every performance it is our pride and privilege to recognize and thank for their service those veterans of the Armed Forces and their families with Bob Lowden’s “Armed Forces Salute”, followed by our signature song “This Is My Country”.
Our concert is Sunday, May 6th, 2018 at 3:00 PM at Carl Sandburg Middle School, Alexandria, VA
All Concerts are free and open to the public (however donations are always accepted!)
Visit us again soon for a complete list of our summer performances!!
The National Concert Band of America has immediate vacancies for well-qualified musicians on the following instruments:
- Bb Clarinet (all parts)
- Bass Clarinet
- French Horn
Some instruments have vacancies for Principal players.
Rehearsals are Monday evenings in the Northern Virginia area. The NCBA performs 4 subscription season concerts plus 5-6 summer “Pops” style concerts between Memorial Day and mid-July.
Interested musicians should reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Become a Contributing Member
The National Concert Band of America invites you to become a contributing member of our organization. Band projects and programs are supported by dues and contributions from musician members and contributions from individuals, businesses, and foundations. Your contribution will support the band’s mission to promote the traditions of the American concert band through masterful performances. Tax-deductible contributions may be made at the following levels:
- Largo Level $25.00 to $49.00
- Adagio Level $50.00 to $99.00
- Andante Level $100.00 to $249.00
- Allegretto Level $250.00 to $499.00
- Allegro Level $500.00 to $999.00
- Vivace Level $1000.00 to $4999.00
- Presto Level $5000 or more
Contributions may be mailed to:
National Concert Band of America
Susan Dexter, Treasurer
P.O. Box 4423
Alexandria, VA 22303
or made online at: