On Sunday, May 15th at 3:00 PM the National Concert Band of America will conclude its “Season of Masterworks” with its final concert at the Carl Sandburg Middle School, 8428 Fort Hunt Road, Alexandria, Virginia 22308.
Phone number is: 703.799.6100
For Directions go to : www.fcps.edu/SandburgMS/ ; on the website page scroll down the left side to “Map Directions.” On the next page click on “Driving Directions.”
The programs begins with William Svchuman’s “Chester Overture.” Its encore is the John Phillip Sousa march “Hail To The Spirit of Liberty.” Next on the program is Haydn Wood’s “Mannin Veen” (Dear Isle of Man). Its encore is R.B.Hall’s “The New Colonial March.”
“Irish Tune from County Derry and Shepard’s Hey” for Military Band by Grainger are next on the concert. The final work on the program is Vincent Persichetti’s “Symphony For Band (Symphony No. 6).”
At all National Concert Band of America programs we salute all Veterans of all services, past, present and future with Bob Lowden’s arrangement of “Armed Forces Salute” followed by our “signature song – “This Is My Country.”
For future planning our Summer Concert Series follows below:
- Sunday, June 12th 2016, 7 to 8 PM at Fort Hunt Park
- Sunday, June 26th 2016, 7:30 to 8:45 PM at Mason District Park
- Saturday, July 2nd 2016, 8 to 9:30 PM at Mount Vernon
- Monday, July 4th 2016, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM at Mount Vernon
- Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 7 to 8 PM at Workhouse Arts Center, Lorton, VA.
We hope to see you at one or more of our performances!